SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
ABOUT THE COURSE
Seeking employment in hospitality in NSW?
100% Online RSA - NSW State Approved Online Course
If you are seeking employment in the hospitality industry in NSW, where alcohol is supplied, sold or served it is a government requirement for you to have completed a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course that has been approved by Liquor and Gaming NSW. The course consists of the following modules:
- Introduction to RSA
- Module 1: NSW liquor laws and selling serving or supplying alcohol responsibly
- Module 2: Intoxication, including assisting customers to drink within appropriate limits, assessing alcohol affected customers and refusing service
- Module 3: Minors, including ID checks and secondary sales/supply
- Module 4: Harm minimisation strategies and approaches
- Module 5: Compliance and enforcement
This is an online course, with all learning activities and assessment tasks completed online. You can enrol and start your RSA online course at any time and there is no limit on the number of times you can login and out. You can pause a session and come back to it later as all previously answered questions will be stored in your online learning portal. You can study at your own pace and have up to 3 weeks to complete the online RSA course after which your enrolment will expire. How quickly you complete the course depends on the time it takes you to complete each module including the Check your Progress Quizzes and Final Assessment Tasks.
Expired online RSA courses are not refundable. Extension can be provided at trainer's discretion incurring a fee.
In order to enrol in this course, you will need:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Successfully complete the pre-enrolment interview including LLN assessment
- Have access to a standard drinks jigger
- Have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) - Creating a Unique Student Identifier (USI) is free and will only take a few minutes. You only need to create a USI once and it will stay with you for life. To create a USI, go to https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi
- Have a valid government issued photo identification card
- Have access to a PC/ Laptop with speakers, microphone and webcam
- Have access to high speed Wi-Fi or cable capabilities necessary to research, upload and download documents
- PDF Reader
- Hold sound computer skills
- Have latest operating system e.g. Windows 10, Mac OSX High Sierra, iPad ISO10 or higher
You can enrol into this course if you have never held an RSA competency card or if your competency card has expired for longer than 28 days.
Recognition of Prior Learning:RPL/ Credit Transfer is not available for SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol. However, if you have completed an RSA course and have been deemed Competent within the last five years and your RSA Card is about to expire you are required to complete an RSA Refresher course. This course can be accessed via the Liquor & Gamming NSW website by going to:
If you have completed SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol in another state and wish to work in the liquor & gaming industry in NSW you will be required to complete a Bridging course which can be accessed by going to: https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/
If you have lost your RSA card and require a replacement this can be obtained by going to:
Learning Outcomes:By the end of the RSA course students should be able to:
- Demonstrated the skills and knowledge required for serving alcohol in a responsible manner as specified under NSW legislation
- State the importance of their role in minimising alcohol related harm in their workplace and local community
- Identify symptoms of intoxication and assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol affected customers and demonstrate refusing service in respectful manner
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to manage and prevent minors from consuming alcohol including checking IDs and secondary sales/supply
- State harm minimisation strategies and approaches including trading hours, signage, advertising and sales promotions
- Demonstrate knowledge of compliance and enforcement of NSW liquor laws and the consequences of non-compliance
Qualification & Career Outcomes:Students who successfully complete this course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol. You will be issued an interim RSA certificate via email after 24 to 48 hours. This can be used to commence work and is valid for 90 days. After 90 days an RSA competency card must be presented to work in any licenced premise.
To obtain your RSA competency card, you will be required to take your interim RSA certificate along with 100 points of ID to a Services NSW Office and complete an application. For further information go to:
You can work in hospitality industry across NSW, where alcohol is supplied, sold or served. Possible job titles following the completion of this course include:
- Casual event coordinator
- Bar Manager
Learning Methods:ONLINE - NSW STATE APPROVED COURSE ONLINE
This is an online course with all learning and assessment resources completed online. Practical assessment is conducted via video recording. Ongoing support by the trainer and assessor is also provided online via email, phone and zoom.
Online - A variety of learning tools are available through our online resources, such as videos, reading material, handbooks, progress quizzes and other resources that will assist you with your learning.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:In order to complete this course online you will need the following:
- PC/ Laptop with speaker, microphone and webcam
- High speed Wi-Fi or Cable internet connection
- Latest operating system
- Recommended internet browsers - Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explore, Edge
- PDF reader
As this is an online course, all assessment tasks will be completed online. The assessment tasks consist of:
- Assessment Quiz at the end of each module
- Final Assessment Quiz
- Practical Assessment Tasks
Upon successful completion of the online assessments, you will receive your Interim Certificate within 24 hours, which will allow you to commence your employment serving alcohol. The Interim Certificate is valid for 90 days. During this time, you will need to apply for a NSW Competency Card from Liquor and Gaming NSW.
You will be provided with online support via emails and phone during the duration of your enrolment as required. If you have any questions or need additional support, you can email email@example.com or contact your trainer via the Learner Portal. Your questions will be answered within 24 hours if your enquiry is sent within business hours and 48 hours during weekends. Our support services extended to our students are, but not limited to, administration support, learning support, language, literacy and numeracy support, reasonable adjustment / disability support.
CLICK HERE to VIEW COURSE BROCHURE
|SITHFAB002 - Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol - ONLINE||$150.00|