BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management - International
ABOUT THE COURSE
Be the leader of tomorrow.Leadership and management skills are in demand across every industry. Enhance your leadership and management skills as well as develop new skills and improve your career prospects. The course consists of the following Core and Elective Units:
- BSBCMM511 - Communicate with influence - Core
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others - Core
- BSBLDR523 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships - Core
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans - Core
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence - Core
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness - Core
- BSBWHS521 - Ensure a safe workplace for a work area - Elective
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk - Elective
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment - Elective
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans - Elective
- BSBTWK503 - Manage meetings - Elective
- BSBSTR502 - Facilitate continuous improvement - Elective
60 weeks - 20 hours per week including: pre-reading, attending classes/ workshops, completing learning activities, research, assessment preparation and assessment activities
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, face to face training will be replaced by a blended learning environment which will consist of 30% online and 70% interactive eLearning.
$4,500 total Tuition Fee ($900/ term)
Additional Non-Tuition Fees:
- $200 Enrolment Fee
- $50/ term Material Fee
- $50 CoE Issuing Fee
Suite 5 & 6, 55 Phillip St, Parramatta NSW 2150
- Must be 18 years of age and over
- Completed year 12 or equivalent
In accordance with 9-13 of the National Code 2007, Be Qualified students are expected to have reached an acceptable level of proficiency in the English language. International students need an IELTS level of 5.5 or higher or have completed an approved English Test and provide the appropriate paperwork to the Institute. The IELTS provided must have been taken no more than two years before the time of the application. International students are expected to demonstrate Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) scores of ACSF of Level 3 and demonstrate LLN ability required at Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) and show they are able to meet the requirements specified in the Foundation Skills for units in this qualification.
Post completing this enrolment application students will be asked to complete an LLN assessment task to help identify any areas that require ongoing support. Be Qualified also expects its International students to possess a suitable level of digital literacy skills (computer skills).
Prior to arriving to Australia, you must:
- Enrol in a course with Be Qualified.
- You will then receive a Letter of Offer and once fees are paid and your have formally accepted the offer, Be Qualified will issue you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which will allow you to apply for your visa.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): Have an appropriate OSHC for the duration of your time as a student in Australia.
- Fulfil all requirements for being issued with the International Student Visa.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - learners can achieve competency in units required for this qualification by submitting a portfolio of evidence and/or successfully completing the relevant assessments by choosing an assessment only pathway. Candidates applying for RPL must be able to provide evidence of competency relevant to the chosen units including samples of their own work. Learners can apply for RPL by lodging an RPL Application Form.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
Credit Transfer (CT) - learners can apply for a CT by lodging a completed Application for Credit Transfer Form together with a certified copy of their certification documentation issued by any other Australian RTO. All documentation presented in support of RPL/CT will be authenticated by Be Qualified.
As an International student, please note that the granting of course credit could affect your student visa. Where a course credit is granted after your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) has been issued, you will receive a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
In this course you will learn how to plan and implement a range of leadership and management skills in order to:
- Show initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring your own workload and the workload of others
- Communicate more effectively by using emotional intelligence and influencing skills
- Support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements
- Lead and manage a diverse workforce
- Manage budget, financial and operational plans and improving practices
- Plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources
- Problem Solving
- Business Planning
- Project Work
- Team Management
Qualification & Career Outcomes:Students who successfully complete the assessment requirements for BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management may progress to BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Upon completion of this course, you could progress to the following job roles:
- Team Leader
- Middle management
- Services Manager
- Production Manager
- Business Unit Manager
Learning Methods:CLASSROOM - Face to Face
The Training and assessment is conducted in an off-the-job training environment by attending classroom-based learning sessions. Students have access to all learning resources and assessment material through their online Learner Portal, along with classroom sessions with the trainer.
WHAT TO BRING?A trainer facilitates the training face-to-face and is also available over the phone, via email and Zoom to cover questions relating to both theory and practical activities as required.
Computers are used to enhance the face-to-face delivery of the course by providing students access to online learning resources and assessment tasks. Students will need to have access to a phone, laptop/ PC, internet access and an email.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:In order to complete this course you will need the following:
- Sound computer skills
- PC/ Laptop with speaker, microphone and webcam
- High speed Wi-Fi or Cable internet connection
- Windows 10, Mac OSX High Sierra, iPad IOS10 or higher
- Recommended Internet browsers – Google Chrome and Safari 14 or later
- PDF Reader
Students will be required to compete a range of assessment tasks that reflect industry practices in the Australian workplace and include:
- Short answer, multiple choice quizzes
- Simulated workplace demonstrations
- Role plays
- Scenarios/ case studies
Once you’ve obtained your student visa and you have arrived in Australia, you must comply with the following mandatory conditions to continue your study in Australia as an International Student:
- Not permitted to work more than 40 hours per week while your course is in session. You can work additional hours during holiday breaks. Please check with Department of Home Affairs for the latest updates - www.homeaffairs.gov.au
- Maintain an appropriate level of OSHC throughout your time in Australia
- Maintain sufficient funds/ financial capacity to support your time in Australia
- Maintain satisfactory course progress and attendance levels
- Have a valid passport with at least six months validity and your visa documentation
You will be provided with online support via emails and phone during the duration of your enrolment as required. If you have any questions or need additional support, you can email email@example.com or contact your trainer via the Learner Portal. Your questions will be answered within 24 hours if your enquiry is sent within business hours and 48 hours during weekends.
Our support services extended to our students are, but not limited to:
- administrative support
- learning support
- language, literacy and numeracy support
- reasonable adjustment / disability support
CLICK HERE to VIEW COURSE BROCHURE
|Course Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Fees|
|Mar 2022 Intake Day Class||07/03/2022||01/05/2023||$4,500.00|
|Mar 2022 Intake Evening Class||07/03/2022||01/05/2023||$4,500.00|
|Apr 2022 Intake Day Class||04/04/2022||29/05/2023||$4,500.00|
|Apr 2022 Intake Evening Class||04/04/2022||29/05/2023||$4,500.00|